Plants Toxic to Pets

logomakr_2uwedbp1030894

 

There are many plants which are toxic (in varying degrees) to pets and, in some cases, to humans as well.  Some useful sites for obtaining information on these plants and the symptoms they manifest in our pets are:

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/toxic-and-non-toxic-plants(This is the ASPCA’s site on toxic and non-toxic plants.)

 

http://vetmed.ucdavis.edu/ccah/dogs/dog-health.cfm – (This is the University of California, Davis, Dog Health Site)

http://www.humanesociety.org/assets/pdfs/pets/poisonous_plants.pdf 

(This link opens a Humane Society of the United States pdf, listing many plants potentially poisonous to pets) 

 

The University of California, Davis Vet Med warns:

 

“If you suspect your pet has ingested any of these plants, call your veterinarian immediately.  Do not wait to see if symptoms appear, because in some cases of poisoning, by the time symptoms appear it’s too late to save the animal.”